I am Eydie – I am Cenergy since 2006
By Cenergy International Services on January 13, 2022 at 3:00 pm
The ‘I Am Cenergy’ series is back! This month we are featuring our VP of Operations, Eydie Eschete. Eydie has been with Cenergy for over 15 years! Since her first day as a Baggage Handler at the Heliport, Eydie has gone above and beyond for Cenergy. Over the years, she has worked her way up the ladder of success. Eydie is now our VP of Operations. Cenergy is so thankful to have such a caring and passionate manager who cares more about her team’s success than her own. Keep reading to learn more about Eydie and her journey at Cenergy.
- How long have you been at Cenergy? I have been with Cenergy since November 2006, so just over 15 years.
- What do you do at Cenergy? I am the VP of Operations, so I oversee our company’s HR, Onboarding, IT, Safety/Inspections, and Aviation departments.
- What do you like most about your job? I genuinely love working with all the members of my various teams and seeing them grow, both professionally and outside of work!
- How has working at Cenergy helped you grow professionally and personally? I started with Cenergy in an entry-level type of role. I also moved from my hometown, Houma, LA, to the Houston area in 2015 for a new position with Cenergy. Most of my adult career has been with Cenergy, so I consider myself very lucky and immensely grateful for the opportunities I have had with Cenergy over the years.
- Why would you recommend others to work at Cenergy? The unique experience Cenergy offers provides a lot of our corporate staff to often work in conjunction with other departments. Many companies don’t have that connection between departments, so staff doesn’t see how different areas function besides their own. Working alongside others provides a more significant perspective of the whole inner workings of the company.
- What are your interests and hobbies? I love animals of all kinds, spending time with family, watching TV, Legos, and gadgets!
- Why did you go into this line of work? I started with Cenergy in my early 20s and applied because the flight line seemed like an exciting role. I moved into management because I thought I could make a difference as a leader in the company.
- What is your ideal place to visit? I enjoy returning home to South Louisiana, but my bucket list vacations are Greece and Stonehenge.
- Tell us about your favorite Cenergy memory: Traveling to Alaska for our Aviation operations in 2012 was an exciting experience for me. We had a location in Barrow, Alaska, which is home to the most northern point of the US.
- Would you please share a surprising fact about yourself? When I was born, I was bald much longer than most babies, and for most of my early childhood years, my hair was very light blonde.